Wednesday 25 July 2007

Code Name God

I live in what is known as "The fast lane" always rushing , hardly stopping to "smell the roses".

There are millions like me who have come to believe that religion is the forte of old ladies who dont have the energy left for other mundane activities of life.

Such residents of the fast lane, why , even me, are advised to take time out to say a little prayer or visit the temple.

But, I often wonder , is prayer a tablet? Well, good enough for me, good enough for everybody doesnt hold here.If it is, its not prayer.

It can hold different meaning for different people.I , for one, regard it as a conversation with a higher power who I know is silently watching over me, who knows my deepest fears, my darkest secrets. who shares my moments of despair and euphoria.

Its a part of me that has the ability to stand apart and judge me like another person would. It could be my conscience, my critic, my best pal.We dont have the ability ,(rather we don't believe that we have this ability), to question our judgements or to stand apart and appraise our actions, which we take it upon us that a higher power will one day do just that or is constantly doing that according to some religions.

I may even consider him to be my imaginary friend who is there whenever I need company. That too, is a manifestation of my mind, a part of my being.I feel religions are right in pointing out that god resides within us. He is a part of our existence.I am all for it.So, saying a little prayer is akin to having a conversation with your God your way.

4 comments:

Arun Kamal said...

I am with you. I believe god lives in every one of us

Then why do people cheat ? why they will fight for cast ? why there should be war on religions ?

Majority of people accept god as a power that will help to meet there only selfish ends. They pray him for that reason only.

Because according to Bhagavadgitha, You have only right to do work, not to expect the results.

Daman P. Dang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daman P. Dang said...

A fun momemt:
A friend (he is American) watched this video
Indian Traffic
"Now I definitely believe that God exists, how else can this go on without any major accident even for 2 mins!!" he said.

Daman P. Dang said...

long time.. no post !!