Thursday 8 November 2007

Miles to go before I sleep!!

Jeewan kya hai, koi na jaane , jo jaane pacchtaye!!

I remember hearing this song many years ago. But the truth behind the words has started hitting me now in full blast.

As I go through my daily chores, my responsibilities and duties, life is what is passing by. I really dread the time, when I would have time at hand to think about the years gone by.

Would I have lived a worth while life by that time on which I would be able to look back with a sense of fulfilment and pride?

I have a long mental list of things I would want to do before I die. Other mundane activities keep me occupied all through the day. Days pass by in a haze turning into weeks and then months and soon years will fly by without my notice.

This list will keep growing and I will keep putting off things till a time when I would no longer be able to do them. That is my greatest fear.

I have devised an alternate game plan though. Deriving small pleasures out of my daily acitivities has become a way of life, rather I like to take it that way.

A beautiful sunset over the horizon of a polluted city, a smiling cherubic face of an infant among the hordes of daily commuters, a weirdly shaped cloud striking a beautiful contrast with an inky blue sky on a cloudy day, colors of buses forming a kaleidoscope of sorts in my office bus parking are some of the things that often leave a smile on my face making me wonder how many other such beautiful sights and sounds I had missed when I simply wasnt paying attention.

7 comments:

Vibhav Xplor-ing said...

beautifully written... but what I admire more is something in these words that whispers loudly in your ears to live life or at least make a note of it as it passes by.
I am just not being able to hold the critic in me :) An interesting game plan devised but that would in no way be a substitute to my dreams ("long mental list of things")... How about living life to the brim not worrying even if it spills a little...

Daman P. Dang said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Daman P. Dang said...

"Living life to the brim not worrying even if it spills a little.." seems like some SRK movie !! I guess u havn't come across the real life yet.. and when u do, u urself will wish that some game plan like this worked for u too. Atleast I do...

I believe this is the only time u get to ponder over ur dreams.. when u are writing a post... right Adi ?? A lovely post as always !!

Vibhav Xplor-ing said...

beautifully written...
U've guessed it rite dude... :) I too guess I have not yet come thru ur kinda real life*...and if i do, I promise u id use this game plan... :)
Fortunately I get some time more a day to ponder over and actualize my dreams (other than wen m writin a post) so may b this is a reason y I have not come through the real life* ... right Daman??
By the way what's SRK please elaborate? ;-)

Daman P. Dang said...

I was talking about Aditi (the original author) when I said "when u are writing a post..." :)

and SRK.. Sharukh Khan dude...

Vibhav Xplor-ing said...

Okie thanku thanku... :)
Then I guess Aditi (the original author) can take it from here...
Further I declare that I take full responsibility of my opinion and have no intensions of forcing it on others...
SRK - No comments...won't take risk just in case u turn out to b his fan ;)

nipun said...

beautiful!!